Saturday, June 16, 2012

Stars

Ok, so as well as my love of all things pink I also seem to be developing a slight obsession for stars. I really really really want to make a star quilt. I am sure it is because I have seen some stunning ones about and I want one too!  Anyway, I found this tutorial at Freshly Pieced for a Ribbon Star block. Oh how I heart it! I wanted to see how well I could put the block together so made these two prototypes.



The one with dark centre works well, not so sure on the lighter centre. I think it is the size of the print more than the light colour that isn't working. I haven't decided whether I am going to make it scrappy or whether to go for just solids. I am, however, sure I have just added another quilt to my works in progress!

Caroline

9 comments:

  1. Those are really lovely! What a great quilt that would be. I can see what you mean about the light centre one, but it's still very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it'd work fine(r) with a smaller print. Certainly very pretty and certainly something to look forward to. Wishing you lots of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those blocks, the colours are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both. It would make an interesting quilt to have both the dark and light prints featured =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both great, I like how even a small change makes a difference to the final block. Agree with Cherie that it would be fascinating to explore that in a quilt. Whatever you decide, you will undoubtedly have fun putting them together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're so pretty! Yes, I too like the darker centers best, but they're both lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that block design - yours look great! A scrappy quilt made with those blocks would be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the one on the left too - neat block! HI - I'm visiting over from your friend at Canadian Abroad :-)

    Francine (mochawildchild)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great! We just did some of these blocks in our online Bee. Very fun and they look so great in all different colours!

    ReplyDelete